- Make sure you are using the latest Retevis Firmware with CSV (not Record) functionality: http://www.retevis.com/resources_center/software/RT82-updated-firmware.zip
READ the Update Description.txt inside the ZIP file, load the correct file to your radio.
- Download the updated .CSV file, Facebook is a good source for that, specially this group:
It's updated daily by fellow hams:
- On the RT82 CPS, access the menu Program and click on the option Write Contacts.
- Press Import and find the downloaded stripped.csv file. Press Open to load it.
- Wait for the following popup and press Ok, it takes a while.
- Press Write and wait (and wait... and wait.... and wait.... :) ) for it to finish.
- After a few minutes, you should expect this message, press OK
- Press the X on the popup box, close the CPS, remove the cable from the radio and pick it up.
- Open Menu, Utilities, Radio Settings and ContactsCSV, change the option to Turn ON.
- Exit to main screen.
That's it. When you receive a QSO, you should see the complete information of the person (if it's in the database. The file (as of today) contains 66760 IDs and it's growing at a rate of almost 100 per day in average. You can upgrade it daily, weekly, monthly, it's up to you.